Instagram

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moscow - day 1


Early this morning we went to the airport and took a flight to
Moscow. It's been 12 long years since I've been in Moscow and
I was even born here, so this waiting was at times too painful and
I can not even try to explain how HAPPY I am to be here right now.
It feels surreal! My mom is here too, who is russian herself, so it's
much easier to get around because this is such a big city and there're
way too many places on my "check it out" list.
For now, we've been just briefly to two luxurious shopping malls
GUM and Tsum. Gorgeous and historical buildings are right next
to Bolshoi theater and Red square.
Today was a crazy rush hour at both malls, so we didn't get to shop
much, but we did eat lunch at Bosco bar in GUM and food was delicious.
One thing that caught me by surprise was that all the designer pieces here
are almost double more expensive than lets say back at home in Helsinki
and that's just ridiculous! I'll stick to children's toys, cosmetics, souvenirs
and similar stuff.

Here's a day in Instagram photos for you my readers and tomorrow we're
off to explore the city a little bit better and I'm very much looking forward
to Matryoshka museum and traditional russian restaurant Godunov.


driving to the airport early in the morning



driving in taxi through moscow downtown




our beautiful hotel room






GUM shopping mall




Bosco bar @ GUM






some more GUM




on the Red square






some goodies which I can't get in Helsinki




30 comments:

  1. Stunning photos, thanks for sharing. Everything looks so opulent in Moscow, I need to add it to my list of places to go!

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics!
    Happy new year^
    xx

    http://vintagesegundamano.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pics!
    Happy new year^
    xx

    http://vintagesegundamano.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo love moscow, wish I can go someday, it looks sooo nice and thanks a lot for sharing the pics :) I've just did a "tutorial" post on the three main ways to work the shoulder bag strap + outerwear style, tell what you think ;)

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/12/the-strap-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    beautiful pictures of Moscow ... particularly impressive photo on Red Square .... beautiful building.
    Hotel room also looks amazing.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Red Square is so beautiful!!
    Kisses from Italy.
    Cla

    Follow us on two sisters ... one attitude

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing. I would love to go to Moscow one day, even if it would only be for the architecture.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natali, i'm your follower on twitter and blog reader,and i live in Moscow, i hope you have an awesome holidays and i really hope to meet you and to say my greetings in real life for the inspiration that you give me and give you a gift... ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice insta pics!!
    xoxo
    straplessandpeeptoesmgj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! Happy New Year!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures babe, gives me this Cosy warm vibe:)

    Would lOve to follow each other:)

    Love from Amsterdam

    Http://juicyconfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Love those pics!

    Please check out my blog, I would love to hear what you think of my latest post!

    Happy New Year!

    xo
    Deanne

    MyFashAvenue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. the place looks beautiful...

    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great snapshots. happy new year!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOw., nice post from Moskow:)
    You have a great traveling dear.., Happy New Year

    followed you.
    Xoxo,Ila

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely post, awesome pics, really inspiring.
    Lost of love and happy new year!

    http://qstomizate.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is really great that you are now in Moscow! I gues it's your Mum on the foto, so nice. and where is your dauther now, in home or in Russia? Interesting what Gas thinking about our country. Wish you a good trip, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so wonderful, Natali! I hope you're having the best of times, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the gorgeous photos and all the treats you'll buy in Moscow :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  20. great photos!
    Emma xx
    www.iemmafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, beautiful pics!!
    hae a llok on my blog...may we follow each other? :)

    kisses
    G.


    THE CIHC
    THE CIHC FAN PAGE ON FB

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh I love diptyque! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
    Tasty foodies! ;-)
    I love your blog, I'm now following you!
    Xx el33ta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures and great blog! You are awesome!!

    If you get a sec, checkout my latest post 'New Year and Sequins'. I would love to know what you think.

    XO

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw I'm so jealous, looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I always read all of your comments! Thank you for showing me
support :)

Skimlinks Test