Huh, I woke up feeling quite full from a big feast
that we had yesterday.
Me and my "worser" half have celebrated 7 years dating
anniversary and we've decided to try out new Chinese
restaurant in Helsinki.
Peninsula 1899 is so far the only authentic Chinese restaurant
that I've been to in Helsinki.
Every other place was ok or bad and they pretty much all served
the same tasting/ smelling food, some with more, some with less
fresh ingredients, but the differences were small.
Everything that we ate yesterday at Peninsula was absolutely delicious!
I can warmly recommend this restaurant to any foodie or just a local or
tourist who want to try great Chinese cuisine.
The menu is not "endless" as it's case in many Chinese restaurants, but
it does offer enough of different options for everybody, from vegans to
vegetarians to meat eaters.
Service was great, very polite, attentive and knew what to recommend us.
Restaurant is spacious and they also have 2 different cabinets for those
who wish for more privacy.
This all being said, let's go over to the food photos which I've snapped
before we've endeavoured all of these meals. :)
* boiled vegetable dumplings
* vegetable spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce
* tiger prawns in herb, soy sauce
* seaweed salad with garlic and chilli sauce
* fried Udon noodles with stir fried vegetables
* greetings from the kitchen ( some kind of bean in some kind of sauce :D )
* broccoli and bell pepper in garlic sauce
* deep fried pork in sweet and sour sauce
* fried pork with black bean and chilli
PENINSULA 1899, Helsinki
*All of the photos were taken by NATALI K PHOTOGRAPHY